Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
- 300 g flour
- 50 g almond powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 150 g soft sugar
- 180 g butter
- 1/2 teaspoon orange peel
- 1 yellow egg
- 1 tablespoon cold milk
- 450 g dates
- 50 g butter
- 80 g coarse sugar
- 3 pinches cloves
2 tablespoons soft sugar
|Cooking time: 25m||Total Time: 1h05m||Number of persons: 1|
- In a large bowl, sift the flour with almond powder, salt and soft sugar. Add orange peel and chopped butter. Mix all with fingertips for a sandy mixture. Add the eggs and cold milk to the mixture and mix all to get a soft dough. Wrap the dough in food plastic and enter the refrigerator to rest while preparing the filling.
- Remove the nuclei of the dates and cook with steam for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl put dates, butter, sugar and cloves. Rub the dates mixture by hand to get a homogeneous date dough. Prepare sticks with a thickness of 2 cm from the date dough.
- Divide the biscuit dough into two balls, stretch each dough ball and cut into rectangles (5 * 25 cm). Each rectangle is decorated with a dough stick and covered with another rectangle. Gently squeeze the sides to stick.
- The rectangles are cut into squares. Repeat until the ingredients run out.
- Place the squares filled with dates over a plate of kitchen paper and enter the heated oven at 180 ° C for 25 minutes.
- Squares out of the oven and let cool and then sprinkle with soft sugar.